Sino Group has announced Sustainability Vision 2030, a blueprint charting the sustainability course for 2030 and beyond. In addition to setting goals aligning with the key areas of focus under the vision of ‘Creating Better Lifescapes’, the Group has adopted a 3R (Renew-Reduce-Redefine) strategy to support its efforts.
Harnessing renewable energy
- 3,000+ solar panels at 19 properties and three hotels by 2021 to generate 8,000,000 kWh by 2030 (from 2012 level), which can support 1,279 households for one year
- Reduce greenhouse gas emission by 30% by 2030 from 2012 level
Reducing single-use plastic consumption by 50% by 2022 (from 2017 level) across the board
- 1.98 million plastic bottles saved since April 2018, equivalent to reducing 3,140 tonnes of carbon emission or planting 136,539 trees
Pursuing green building certification and WELL™ for all new projects in Hong Kong
- Achieve BEAM Plus and WELL™ certification for all new projects in Hong Kong
- 3 properties have received WELL V2™ pre-certification
Sustainability Report 2020
Sino Land Company Limited has published its tenth annual Sustainability Report, providing updates on our sustainability efforts.
We continue to make strides on our sustainability journey, including joining the United Nations Global Compact as a Signatory, fostering a culture of innovation, utilising renewable energy and adopting sustainable building standards such as BEAM Plus and WELL™. These form part of our efforts under our Sustainability Vision 2030, a blueprint guiding our strategies and plans for 2030 and beyond. We look forward to working with our partners to build a more sustainable future.